Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Memory Lane: Morgan McMichaels

Walk with me down memory lane.....


Imagine how surprised I was when I turned on Rupaul's Drag Race: Season 2 and saw two of my friends from Los Angeles competing in it. The whole time we would watch I would brag about my friend Morgan McMichaels. I wasn't really that close to Raven, but Morgan and I really go back. All the way back to my drag days when we would work together at the bars around town. I remember talking shop with her backstage waiting for our numbers to come on. We would talk about everything from costumes to the method in which we would tuck. Good Times!

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Morgan. If I remember correctly we started doing drag around the same time, and back when I was still performing, we were almost on the same level and growing together. Aside from my personal history with here though, she is absolutely amazing to watch on stage. There is just something fun and energetic about her that always entertains. There were a great deal of shady bitches in the drag scene but that was never her. I have to say that she is probably one of my favorites.

When I cut off all my hair and started living as a gay boy again I lost a lot of my friends I had made in that life. It is probably one of my only regrets about not doing drag anymore. There were some who stayed in touch but the relationship was never the same. I guess as life changes you go through different stages and along the way you lose and gain friends. Though drag was a majority of what Morgan and I had in common, even after the change we maintained a level of our friendship and that was enough for me.
I LOVE YOU BETCH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment