Friday, June 18, 2010

Back In The Work Force





Unfortunately
part of my new path has included a lack of disposable income. There really hasn't been much income at all really. Don't get me wrong, I have done really well staying afloat but it's been very tight. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the days when there were a few hundred dollars at my disposal at any given moment. However, I can say that living a more humble life is a small price to pay for being clean and sober...and on the right path again.





When I started to realize that money wasn't going to come to me as easy as it had in my previous life, I started looking into what to do for a more steady income. First I gave bartending a try but found it to be too much like high school, chaotic and full of drama. Definitely not the environment that I want to be working in. After that I gave Kelly Services a shot to see if they could find a place for me, that never really panned out. So I figured I would start back at the beginning and seek a position in the food service industry again. I swore I would never go back but times are tough and school isn't going to pay for itself.

It took a great deal of soul searching before I convinced myself there was no shame in doing what it takes to get things done. It is definitely not the proudest moment in my life but I do find solace in knowing that I am walking a better path now than I was then. Though there was plenty of money then, along with it came heavy drug use and a very promiscuous lifestyle. When I stop and think about it..I wouldn't change anything I have done in my past, nor what I am doing now. I had a lot of amazing experiences and was allotted many opportunities that many people weren't at my age.

It's just time to grow up a little and start being a big boy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey James, I was wondering what had happened to you the last year or so and if you were OK. I'm so happy that you're doing better, yeah times are for sure tough but I hope everything works out for you :) you've been one of my all time favorite performers and you've got my support for whatever you do in the future. Many hugs and kisses to you!

    --Fernando

    ReplyDelete